When pairing your ID card with a lanyard, ID clip, or badge reel, you will have to decide whether you want to add a slot punch to your ID or if you want to purchase a badge holder. Both of these options will allow you to attach the ID to your clothing or bag to ensure it doesn't get lost. Here's how you'd go about doing each.
Launch the IDcreator application.
Select the card you wish to add a slot punch to and open it, or create a new card from scratch.
- At the top of the Card Editor screen, there is the option to add a slot punch.
- Depending on the layout of your card, you can select short-side slot punch or long-side slot punch .
- Adding a slot punch to your ID card will add $0.35 to your total.
- Go to the ID Accessories section of our homepage.
- Select the Badge Holders category
- On this page, you'll find five different options for badge holders, including
- Vertical Badge Holder
- Horizontal Badge Holder
- Three Pocket ID Holder with Neck Cord
- Semi Rigid White Multi Card Holder
- Vertical Locking Rigid Plastic Badge Holder
- All of these badge holders range in price, from $0.39 to $1.79
- Select the badge holder you want to purchase, and add it to your cart
While both of these options will secure your ID to any lanyard, ID clip, or badge reel, there are different benefits to both. Adding a slot punch to the ID card is cheaper, and will ensure that the ID is able to be secured at all times. Badge holders are slightly more expensive, but they also add an extra layer of protection to the ID, which means cards will last longer and need to be replaced less.