What is the Smart Text and Variable Image Feature?
Utilizing the Badge Makers Smart Text and Variable Images in your Design template simplifies how you create multiple individual member ID Cards to save you hours of data entry.
This feature is designed so that all you have to do is create a template design with Smart Text and Variable Images, create Member profiles within the Badge Maker, and the Badge Maker will create, print and ship each member ID Card for you.
**You must create or add Member profiles within the Badge Maker to use this feature**
How to add Smart Text:
- Once you have customized your template design, you can begin to personalize your template by changing the current text fields found in a pre-made template or adding your own text fields by clicking the Text button on the left side of your screen.
- Once the Text Panel is open, you'll see options for either a static text field or a Variable Text field. The most common Variable Text fields (Full Name, First Name, Last Name, Title) are shown, but you are able to add any relevant text information within a member profile by choosing the corresponding field by clicking "More".
- You may also change an existing static text field to be a Smart text field by clicking on the “Insert Smart Field” drop-down arrow found under the "Add Text" box. Select the option that best matches the description of the information you want to have added for each Members’ ID badge.
How to add a Variable Image Field:
- To have the Badge Maker automatically add headshots or other images to each ID Card, click "Images" on the left panel to add a Variable Image Field.
- Click the "Headshot" button and a blank headshot box will be added to your template. Adjust the box on your design for where you'd like each Members headshot to appear on the ID card.
- You may also add other types of Variable Images such as a Members Signature, Division Logo, Fingerprint, and any other relevant image.
- The image will need to be in the following format (.jpeg, .jpg, or .png)
- Once you have finished designing and customizing your template with the added Smart Text and Variable Images, click the “Save” button and provide a name for your Template.
Now that you're template design has Smart Text and Variable Image fields, make sure to add Member profiles (if you have not done so) and review the Member profiles within the Badge Maker.
The Badge Maker will do the rest by automatically adding the text and images you've designated to each Member ID card when you're ready to order them.