Data entry is the most time consuming part of making ID cards for an organization. IDCreator now gives you the ability to take that time back by completely automating the workflow of making ID cards with a Zapier integration.
Zapier is the global leader in automation and is connected with 5,000+ apps and softwares. With a Zapier account, you can create a connection between IDCreator and the software you would normally pull ID contents from, and command Zapier (create a "Zap") to automatically send the relevant ID details to your IDCreator account.
You don't need to change your process to make ID Cards for your organization, automate it!
What You'll Need to Automate
1. IDCreator Account API Key Number
Please email email@example.com using the email associated with your account and our support team will issue your account specific API key number. You will be asked for this number when you're creating a Zap within Zapier.
2. Zapier Account
You’ll need to create an account with Zapier to connect your tools with IDCreator. They offer a Forever Free Plan that includes 5 Zaps with 1 connection each. They also offer paid plans based on scale and usage.
Take a look at their Connected Apps to find your tools
3. Create a Zap
A Zap is a connection between 2 or more softwares, in which a specified event in one software triggers a specified action in another software.
A new employee is hired at your company. You add their information to your HR Software (Connection) to create their employee profile (Trigger), that trigger's the Zap to automatically send the relevant ID Contents of that employee to IDCreator (Connection) and create a new Member within the Badge Maker (Action).
4. ID Template with Smart Text and Variable Image Fields
To take advantage of a fully automated ID Card making process, use an ID template with smart text and variable images in the Badge Maker. Instead of copying and pasting information into each ID Card, the Badge Maker will do that automatically so all you'll need to do is review the ID cards you need and order them!
To learn more about Smart Text and Variable Images, Click Here!
New Workflow with Zapier Automation
Once you've created your Zapier account, Zap, and Smart Template, this is how you'll be making ID cards for your organization:
1. Add New Member of your Organization to your Software or Apps, like you always have.
2. (Automated) Zapier will pull ID Contents from that app and create member profiles in IDCreator.
3. Select your Smart Template and then select the members who need an ID Card in the Badge Maker.
4. (Automated) The Badge Maker will automatically make an ID Card for each member you select by adding their contents to your template.
5. Review and Order the ID Cards. No Data Entry Required.