- Open the ID Badge Maker and select the card you wish to add a bar code to and open it or create a new card from scratch.
- On the Badge Card Properties panel to the left side and underneath the Security Features section, click the 'Barcode' Tool button
- When selecting this option, the bar-code will automatically appear on your card. This bar code image can be resized, rotated and moved around the card to your liking.
- Once the bar-code is placed, you can make changes to it with the Edit Barcodes property panel to right-side.
- There are five popular bar-code formats to choose from:
- Default Code 128
- Code 29
- Data Matrix
Once you have selected the format that works best for your needs, you can input the data you'd like to be encoded.
The barcode can only be Alpha Numeric Characters up to 15 digits. If the encoded information exceeds this limit, then the barcode will need to be designed off site and shortened. There are many different free sites available for barcodes where the information can be entered, shortened and then uploaded as an image into IDCreator.com and onto your ID cards.
Magnetic Stripes: If we’re printing for you, you can choose to have data encoded into a High Coercivity magnetic stripe for a variety of access and data management uses.
- Open the ID Badge Maker and select the card you wish to add a magnetic strip to and open it or create a new card from scratch.
- On the Badge Card Properties panel to the right side, click the 'Encoded Magnetic Stripe' option (shown below?) You will notice, the Back Side of the card work-space displays the magnetic stripe bar where you can design around it. Any portion of elements overlapping the magnetic stripe area will be ignored by our printer.
- When selecting this option, you will be allowed to edit the three available magnetic stripe data tracks:
Track 1: Supports up to 79 alphanumeric characters.
Track 2: Supports 40 numeric-only characters.
Track 3: Supports 107 numeric-only characters.
Please note: Since magnetic stripe alpha characters can only be UPPERCASE, any lowercase letters will automatically be converted to uppercase when encoded to your card. The incremental fee for printing the magnetic card with encoding will automatically be included in the card price when you add your customized ID to your shopping cart.
For more information on magnetic stripe encoding, view our Advanced Walk through Guide: Magnetic Stripe Encoding.